Pendrell Fail


It’s been a week since I last posted; my, how time flies! So, what have I been up to… Well, lots and nothing. P90X2 was kind of a bust last week, Shane and I were both injured. My knees were killing me, and Shane? According to him, he felt as if he had been repeatedly punched in the ribs. Those were his exact words. This program sneaks up on you, it seems easier than the first for a little while, but then you are suddenly and rapidly transported to pain town, population YOU! We’re back to it this week though and are a little more conditioned to take the heat.

The no sugar thing? Well, I’m afraid to say that I cracked last Thursday. The cravings were so intense that I was going to cut a bitch if I didn’t get some chocolate. I had a little bit and felt better. And then I bought an iPhone. Yep, I ‘drank the Kool-Aid’ as one of my Facebook friends put it. I just needed a new phone, and it was time to get something spanky. No more ‘cheapest phone you have’ business for me!

Back to the whole sugar thing, I probably wouldn’t have gotten so derailed had I not gone to my brothers house on Friday. Wine = very few inhibitions. I don’t know whats worse, a regular hangover, or a sugar one. Nonetheless, it was a great time, and I even made some new friends along the way.

In the sewing room, I was not feeling terribly inspired this week. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that winter has FINALLY hit Edmonton and all I want to do is hibernate. I did manage to work on a project this weekend, the Pendrell blouse. I wanted a bit of a break from the Colette book, and wanted to try another blouse after the success from the Taffy V.2. This is what the Pendrell is supposed to look like:

Courtesy of Tasia from Sewaholic Patterns.

And this is what mine looks like:

I don’t look happy with it because I’m not. You see, I goofed. I got a little snip happy with the seam allowances and it turned out too small in the bust. I had read that there was lots of ease in the pattern, but I got a bit overzealous with the trimming and this is the result.

See how the seam pulls under the bust? Not good at all.

The sleeves, the part I was most worried about actually turned out great! In fact, I am so proud of them that I’m going to show you another picture. Bask in the majesty of my sleeves!

Uhh, next time I’ll move my PJ’s off the bed…

There are some good things to come out of this. The first thing is that the pattern came out looking as advertised. I think when I make my next (more cautious) version, it will look more polished. There is also another sleeve option, as well as sleeveless, so I can make several versions of this blouse and still have something different.

The other good thing is that this was intended to be a wearable muslin. It’s too bad that it didn’t work out as planned, but at the same time, that’s why I used this fabric and not my nice stuff. Also, it gave me another chance to practice with chiffon. This fabric had way more body than the stuff I used for the Taffy blouse, even when starched, so I sewed very slowly. I will be making this again soon, that’s for sure. I really don’t like being bested by projects!

With that, I bid you goodnight!

One thought on “Pendrell Fail

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s